RAM League Race # 4- Individual Time Trial

5 Jan 2018

Since I don't have a road bike, an ITT is the only opportunity I have to race in the Royal air Maroc Cycling League. The 24km individual time trial was held at my familiar cycling route, so I could easily fit it in my three hours long ride. Almost everyone in my cycling group joining it so why not?

I started the race 30 seconds of my fellow MAD Triathlon buddy, my nemesis on the bike Aaron. I was scared he will overtake me since he is a little stronger on the bike. I gave my all and relieved I made it first to the finish line. I would have liked to start behind him so I could pace my self and chase. The wind on the way back was relentless but everyone has to deal with it, and there's no where to hide in an ITT.

I was pleased with my effort. I finished the race in 43:08 averaging 166 watt for a 6th place in my category. My wife, Hani did great too came in 7th in her category. Everyone in #TeamFarhana did a great job. It was also first bike race for some. We end our day with a nice Nasi Lemak breakfast at Leo's and Nani's residence, thanks guys.

p/s I need to get a road bike, if i want to see my name place higher on the league leaderboard. Also thanks Zul Ihsan and Myra for letting me and the kids sleep over at your place.
   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar