Tear gas, water canon and stone missiles

Prrangg..prrangg.. prrangg.. I heard the thunderous noise in my sleep.. I was then wondering.. was I dreaming? I woke up and still heard the noise.. followed by the sound of people screaming and shouting. I sat on my bed, half asleep and wondering what was going on.

It was 11 am Sunday the 25th November 2007. I ran towards the window and hastily pulled the blind. From the window of my 21st floor room at Hotel Nikko, I was knocked for six to see two police helicopters outside of my windows. As I looked the street down below I saw people in their thousands were running in many directions like a school of fish being disturbed by an oncoming boat. There were policemen well equipped with amour and hard hat and masks, complete with their cavalry. The police were shooting tear gas and water canons to the marching crowd towards the British High Commissions.






The saga finally ends at about 4pm. The usually busy Jalan Ampang and Jalan Tun Razak were strangely quiet. All the businesses were closed. This is not KL. I later found in the news paper that the police blocked all incoming vehicles into the district since 3 am. The scene was something like I saw in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later movies.



KL was strangely quiet

The Rally was organised by Hindraf (Hindu Rights Action Front). Their motive was to march and send a memorandum to the British High Commissions. They are claiming for compensation from the British Government and subsequently the present Malaysian Government for ill treatment and the disregarded of Indians welfares.

Comments

Rush Murad said…
really, really like those pics! very original... when is our 'outing'??? similajau???
whitelighter said…
thanks rush.. hmm well its up to the organisers.. Dec 8/9 good
chell said…
walawei.. at 1st i really thought u r going to create an action movie..
a very good opening.. hehehe
hayu ike wen ti.. chi se' ni yau ching wo che leh?.. ahaks
whitelighter said…
apa ko cakap to chell
kawejauh said…
Yeah! It was really ruined our date! Wakakakakaka...
sinagamerah said…
looking at the picts u took during the event, somehow it has a similarity (only diff. place) with my entree :
http://kaleidoscope-world.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html
Risa said…
People should read this.

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar