Desert Safari.. tranquility in a desert


Last Friday I went to a desert safari trip organised by the business group at work. At first, I was indecisive whether or not to go. Looking at the list of the invitees, I know they are a boring lot not a fun crazy wild kind of people. But I was glad I said yes to join this trip. The journey to the Inland Sea in a four wheel drive vehicle was an exhilarating experience. Our driver did a lot of dare devil acts driving ups and downs the dunes. It was comparable to a 2 hours ride on a roller coaster. Certainly not for a faint hearted. At times he drove right on the edge of the dunes ridge. I can imagine how horrible it is should mishap happen.

I have never thought a desert could be so picturesque. Its tranquility goes as far as the horizon. The landscape was full of crescent shaped dunes. Some as high as 50 meters. The Inland Sea (Khor Al-Adaid) was breathtaking. The view was simply stunning. We can see Saudi Arabia across the sea. Inland sea is a tidal lake that also serve as a natural border between the Qatari peninsula and Saudi Arabia.
I certainly will do this again because I did not get the chance to swim in the sea as it was already dark when we got there. And camel, I would like to ride on a camel too.
Our Rides
On the way
Leaving marks

Our Convoy


Conservationist



Feeling high
Our Bedouin Camp
See more pics of the trip here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar