Love thy neighbours

I am sharing a common entrance with people from unit 6A and 6C. 6A is the biggest apartment, located on the ground floor, while 6B (where I live) and 6C sharing the space on the top floor. I have never really spoken to any of my neighbours since I moved here 3 weeks ago. Not because I'm being aloof but really because we locked ourselves in our units and mind our own business after a long day at work.

My neighbour in 6C is Sergei. He is from Romania. That is how much I know about him. We bump into each other a couple of time and exchange hellos.

Apartment 6A was still vacant when I moved here. At first I wanted to rent the place, but I thought QAR 10500/month for a one bedroom apartment is a little too much. So I settled at the unit on the top floor, half the size for QAR 8500/month. Last week I noticed someone has moved in. I wonder who is he (most probably he than she here in Qatar, no family will settle in a one bedroom anyway, and single independent girls are a rare commodity here) but I don't pay much attention of who the person lives right under my floor.

Today, while I was busy spring cleaning my crib, I heard someone screaming hello from downstairs probably to beat the sound of my vacuum cleaner. It was the new neighbour from 6A. He has a problem with his Internet connection and acquired my help to look at it. His name is Hubert, from Paris,France. He is quite friendly, we chat for a while and he even invited me for a barbecue he is planning to organise at his backyard. Yes he has a backyard (do I smell envy?). The one one thing I envy the most is, he negotiated the rent and got the apartment for QAR 9500/month. Lucky lad. He is a curator of the newly opened Qatar Museum of Islamic Art. He asked me why do I move here leaving such a beautiful country back at home. Well Its obvious that Malaysia is heaven if you compare it with Qatar. But its the money who drives everyone from all corners of the globe to this tiny barren land in the Gulf. Even Hubert, maybe they pays him better here than the Louvre.

Comments

Che Aina Husna said…
abg nak blog website saya kan ....

aina-sister.blogspot.com
zackzara said…
Whoaaa...just a difference of 1k between you and Hubert..and he got a backyard even! He really is a good negotiator, eh?
Tepak Sireh said…
wahhhh.... sampai Qatar dapat kawan French.... duduk kat Miri, dapat kawan Iban si pemotong rumput itu.... menciiiiii!!!!!
whitelighter said…
Aina..
ok nanti abang visit selalu

Zara..
Alah diorg ni kalau org putih memang terlebih respek sikit.. grrr..

Tepak..
Hahaha kawan2 aku kat sini selain malaysian, byk americans, finnish, brits, lebs, pinoys ngn indians. haha sapa nama pemotong rumput tu? Raymond eh

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar