Al-Khor Community Open Triathlon 2013 and my 37th Birthday celebration

My racing schedule is really packed this month, and last Friday I participated in a team relay event at Al-Khor Open Triathlon with Alan swam  and Najib cycled. It was 600m swim, 20km bike and 5km run. I did the run in 20:58 which is my second fastest 5k time. Alan and Najib did brilliantly themselves too. We came second among 13 teams with a total time of 1:11:34. It was a great feeling to be on the podium for the first time ever since I took up running. We won QAR 400 Lulu vouchers each, Silver medal and a big trophy. It was exceptionally great for me as it happened on my birthday! The event was well organised and the organiser was generous with the prizes to the winners and the post-race buffet.  This was without a doubt the highest Return of Investment event for me ever with just QAR 50 entry fee.

Alan swam, Najib cycled, Me ran and we came 2nd

The silver medal, the trophy and QAR 400 vouchers each 

I would like to thank my team mates Alan and Najib for the great team work. I believe we have a solid team for a team triathlon.

Alan Gribble: Australia
Najib Idrus: Malaysia

……………………………………
Meanwhile, some 800km away, my wife finished her first Half Marathon race in 2:16:58 at the Dubai Creek Striders Half Marathon. That was a fantastic achievement for her. She even beat my first three half marathons times in her debut. All other runners from PSY (#pelaristyloyo) did well too. I am so proud of them as their captain. This was a perfect birthday present from them.

Hani featured in Timeout Dubai online 

She dedicated her first HM for my birthday. Aww

And while Hani was away, I had a chance to really bond with my kids as well. 

My joy and happiness

And to add to the awesome weekend, I was presented with a Takreem Award for my contribution in concluding the claim negotiation and settlements from our contractors last Thursday during our department's team building session.

Takreem award

All I can say this was one of my best birthday ever! Alhamdullilah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar