A weekend to remember in Kuala Lumpur

Friday 16 Jan 2009

Etihad Airways flight EY 418 touched down KLIA at 3pm. me, not being a fan of red eye flights did not get enough sleep on the plane and was feeling rather sluggish. The flight was delayed for an hour, poor Nizar has to wait at KLIA when he was supposed to be at work. Thanks mate. I have a million of things to do before COB today. Getting a haircut, have a facial (a professional assistance is needed to rectify the acne and dry chapped skin problems on my face due to lack of sleep for 2 weeks and cold weather in Italy and Qatar), banking transactions, currency exchange and meeting Ila at KLCC.

I went straight into action after checking in at Melia and had one of the quickest showers to wake my senses. Like on a race show, I went from one task to another in a hurry. I managed to settle everything except the facial. The Dermalogica salon at Lot 10 was apparently already out of business and I have no choice but to face my friends tomorrow with the impurities. Well, does it matter anyway? I also had to postpone my meeting with Ila as it was already 7pm when I finished with my ‘To Do’ list.

I went back to Melia and found myself in bed at 7.30pm. I woke up, checked my watch, it was a quarter to ten. Why am I in bed? Apai, who I had contacted earlier on, was planning to go out with his mates tonight. Well I could use some company. I only have a weekend in KL and most probably the last while I am still single so I went out partying with Apai and his friends. Like it was written, I met some of my closest friends, Mathew and Mazlee at the same club. Mathew and I went to the same uni in Australia and Mazlee was my ex colleague when I did a part time job at a Japanese restaurant in JB some years ago. So I had a great time catching up with old friends and getting to know some new. I did not get to bed until 5am that night. I felt so young again.

Saturday 17 Jan 2009
I did not wake up until 11.30 am. By the time I checked out, Nizar and Razak were already waiting at the lobby. We went straight to Crown Regency and checked into a 3 bedroom apartment. It was really a nice place. We had lunch at Padi restaurant down the road where we were later joined by Sam and Fuad. It was great to finally be able to get together again although it wasn’t complete without Asrul who I will later visit in Brisbane and certainly Suffian who are always in our hearts. We spent the remaining of the day, chatting, exchanging stories and making fun of each other especially Sam before heading to Bukit Bintang in the evening. We did all the normal ritual when we get together, shopping, window shopping, eating and window shopping again.

We decided to take it easy and just stayed in though we were right in the middle of the party heartbeat of KL. I was glad we did that, I was still haven’t fully recovered from a jet lag and still tired from the party last night. Syah, our mutual friend, came over for a visit. It must have been 2 years since I last saw him. I wasn’t able to sleep until about 3 in the morning. My body is still on Qatar time.

Sunday 18 Jan 2009

We had a late start today. Everybody was enjoying the comfort of the bed and the blind curtains perpetually kept the night. After an invigorating showers, we all went to Berjaya Time Sq and had lunch at Vivo. The staffs were very affable or maybe we were just too chatty. I reckon we were a little bit over dressed for KL standard. The restaurant supervisor even thought that we were Singaporeans. Da’a, my good friend at Shell arrived when we about to finish our lunch. The fact that he came all the way from Miri to spend the weekend with me and all of us means a lot to me. Thanks pok.
We went bowling after the lip-smacking lunch at Vivo and really had a whale of time. Well I won both games, but Da’a and Razak gave a stiff fight. Sam did not bowl. He was waiting for us at Borders. We bump into Zuki. I met him in 2005 when I work in KL. So I introduced him to the rest of the guys. Zuki will be leaving for Brisbane to study at QUT in February. He will share an apartment with Asrul. We hang around Low Yat Plaza after bowling where we met up with Ronnie, who just came back from a holiday in Lumut. Again, like it was written, I bump into Ninut, my other good friend at Shell Miri. She was with her fiancé, Joey. I only had Da’a and Ninut when I first work in Miri before the group overgrown to become POK FC. We used to go to Cheery Berries to see Joey performing. He was the keyboardist of a band there. I am happy for Ninut, now that they are engaged and their relationship survived against all odds. I also met Arief, Syikin’s friend who came to Miri for holiday but we left him in Miri for KK last year. To my surprise, Arief is Ronnie’s ex colleague. What a small world








Back at the hotel, Am, my blog friend came and pen pal came to say hi and handed a fridge magnet he bought for me from Norway. It was nice to finally get to see him in person.

After Maghrib, Da’a led us in the Yasin recital for Suffian. We miss him so much especially at a time like this when all of us together. He was a good friend, an irreplaceable one. May ALLAH bless him with peace.

After the Yasin, we ordered pizza and watched Juara lagu together like in the old days while Nizar and Sam hooked up on their Pet Society game on Facebook. Get a life mates.

I was still on Qatar time, when all of the others ready for bed; I dragged Ronnie for one last night out in KL. Ronnie called one of his friends, to join us. Again, either the world is getting smaller or Ronnie was just famous, the friend that he called was actually my second uncle Muluk. I last met him, when we both working on a boarding school project in Mersing back in 2002 and another time during Eid in 2003 with my family.

We got back to the hotel at 3am. My eyes were still wide awake. Spent couple of hours chatting with Ronnie and finally went to bed at 5 am (12 Qatar time).

Monday 19 Jan 2009
I was woken up by Da’a at 8.30 am when I was still deep in a sleep. I really have problem adjusting my biological clock back and forth. Not a natural jet setter eh? We went for breakfast, at one of the road side stalls lining up the side streets. It was a familiar sight in Malaysia, something that I will miss when I get back to Doha.

We checked out at 12 noon and went for lunch at KLCC. We were joined by Ila, Azi (a friend of Daa’s) and Zul (a friend of Fuad’s). Azhar (Sabrina’s friend) was also drop by to hand me a laptop for Sabrina in Brisbane. It was like a family lunch. Most of my close friends were there. Ila even gave me some UAE Dirham she has left. Thanks mate.






After emotional goodbyes with others, Nizar, Sam, Daa and I went to Public Bank opposite KLCC. Daa as my personal fund manager asked me to open a saving account for my Public Mutual unit trust. I need to start saving NOW as I don’t have provident fund anymore.

We part ways with Daa as he has to catch a flight back to Miri. The three of us, Sam, Nizar and I went to Nizar’s house in Rawang. Dinner was already on the table when we arrived. Nizar’s mom, as always never failed to entice us with her delectable home cooked meals. I must have eaten four plates, the most in a long time.

Nizar drove us all the way to LCCT. Thank you so much mate for being an ever willing unpaid driver to me.

This weekend must be one of the best ever and the one that I will always remember. Things will never be the same again. I will be married the next time we’ll meet. It was also hard for me to let go of them knowing the fact that I will be alone again in Doha.

Thank you guys. Things may change but our friendship remains.
Love always

Comments

nizar nasir said…
babe... we did have a great time together. how i wish it could be longer. thx a lot for everthing.

nnti bila2 ko teringin nk makan nasi campur kat rawang, cakap je ekk... kita kenduri lagi... hehehe

yup.. walau apa pun yg berubah, our frenship will remain d same. korang lah kawan2 aku insyallah dunia & akhirat.
JRC said…
"We do not remember days, we remember moments" *sigh*
mak ita said…
i'll remember this precious time forever...ye la mana mungkin nak rak2 rum ngan ko pas ko kawen nanti...thanks for everything,u r such a wonderful friend...muah2

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar