Airlines I flew

My first experience flying was with Malaysia Airlines. It was a flight from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur back in 1997 for an urgent tender submission. That was a pre Air Asia era, so you may consider yourself privilaged because NOT Everyone Can Fly. From then on I fly Malaysia at the rate of once or twice a month for business travel. Their domestic service has nothing to shout about. They should consider replacing their ageing fleet. I notice too much cost cutting from Malaysia. The food on domestic routes used to be very good with porcelain plates and stainless steel utensils. Now they serve cold sandwiches or cheapo meals in a box or disposable packs. Luckily my employer put me on business class everytime I fly Johor Bahru - Miri leg. However long haul flights on Malaysia were good, fit its Five Star status. By the way I am a loyal customer and an Enrich member.
Read what others say about Malaysia Airlines here
Flights

1. Many many domestic flights. Mostly between the Peninsula and Borneo
2. Kuala Lumpur - Brisbane, Feb 1999
- My first long haul flight and first oversea's trip other than Singapore and the Thai border. The flight was on the spanking new Boeing 777. Being my first time, I was allowed to be 'Jakun'. My favourite channel on the IFE was the one showing the flight route, indicating time and distance to the destination. I was overwhelmed when the plane entered into the Australian air space. Could not believe that I will be a resident of this continent for the next 3 years. Once I accidently pressed the 'call attendant' button out of curiosity. One of the crews came, a 'male'. He gave me a you know that bitchy look when I said, I pressed the button by accident. I noticed that some flight attendants being double standard towards locals. Not good first impression. But Im glad I never seen that attitude anymore. They have proved their worth by winning Best Cabin Staff award year after year. Sadly the award goes to Asiana this year.

3. Brisbane - Kuala Lumpur, Dec 2001
- The flight was on my birthday, as a present, they upgraded me to business class. I was with Zain, my good friend in Brisbane. We both got upgraded. The attention and service was spectacular. Simply great.
4. Kuala Lumpur - Colombo, Apr 2003

I only flew Qantas few times on their domestic routes. Good service, but they only serve hard buns for meals. They may ranked 3rd in this year's Airline of The Year award, but with the many near misses recently, I will not risk myself flying them just yet.
Read what others say about Qantas here

Flights
Brisbane to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, 1999-2001

Ageing fleet, stress looking crews and so so meals are to be expected from RBA. You are lucky if your IFE is even working. You may have to change seats if you cannot fly without IFE. Their service doesn't fit the 'Royal' emblem they carries. On one occasion, they dont even finish serving when the plane start making its final approach to land in Dubai. The only reason for me to fly RBA is their fare. So I shall not complain.
Read what others say about RBA here
Flights
1. Kuala Lumpur - Brunei, Aug 2007
2. Brunei - Dubai - London, Aug 2007
3. London - Dubai - Brunei, Aug 2007
4. Brunei - Kuala Lumpur, Aug 2007

Expect Five Star of everything from check in to baggage collection when you fly with this Airline Of The Year. It is Creme Brulee If airlines is a dessert. But maybe I dont like Creme Brulee, maybe I prefer Jell O. I found their crews a little too polite and ingenuine almost well rehearsed.
Read what others say about Singapore Airlines here
Flights
1. Brisbane - Singapore, June 2000
2. Singapore - Brisbane, June 2000
3. Brisbane - Singapore, Dec 2000
4. Singapore - Brisbane, Dec 2000



This 3 star airlines used to be very good. It was a 4 star airlines before being downgraded recently. I had a good time flying Sri Lankan. They even have cameras at the nose and at the bottom of the fuselage so we can view the live pictures of the journey from our PTV.

Read what others say about Sri Lankan Airlines here
Flights

1. Colombo - Kuala Lumpur, Apr 2003



Malaysians, South East Asians and budget travellers should thank Datuk Tony Fernandes for transforming Air Asia into a power to be reckon with in airlines industry. Now Everyone Can Fly just very aptly speaks for itself. When you fly Air Asia, you fly low cost in style. But I must say I have a love hate relationship with Air Asia. Love their fares and in flight service but hate the frequent delays and cancellations.
Read what others say about Air Asia here
Flights
1. Many many domestic flights
2. Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur, Sep 2006
3. Kuala Lumpur - Phuket - Kuala Lumpur, Dec 2006
4. Kuala Lumpur - Hanoi - Kuala Lumpur, Mar 2007
5. Kota Kinabalu - Jakarta - Kota Kinabalu, Jun 2008
6. Kuala Lumpur - Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur, Aug 2008



The now defucnt Ansett was once my favourite airlines. Though I only flew their domestic routes, but their service was outstanding. They serve yummy moist brownies or deli sandwiches far cry from Qantas's hard buns. There was one time, I bought Pyan a Qantas flight to Sydney while I was flying Ansett. I gave him a sent off at Melbourne Tullamarine before proceed to my gate. My flight was 15 minutes later. Instead of him waiting for me at Kingsford Smith, I was there earlier and waited for him at the arrival. Ansett you are sorely missed.
Flights
Many many domestic flights in Australia.
Read what others say about Ansett here




I had a great experience flying Air New Zealand. In flight service was what is expected from a premium airlines. Their Pacific Class is what economy class should be. Air New Zealand has done away with Economy Class. In these politically correct times it was a big no - no to make cheapskates like me feel like the underclass, so we economy passengers now get to hold our heads up high as we file to the rear of the plane to find our designated seats in PACIFIC CLASS . Pacific Class Features include a foot rest and a head rest with wings. The footrest was quite useful. It was a hard plastic deal that had about three settings. It was quite comfortable to be able to rest your feet at different levels.

Read what others say about Air New Zealand here

Flights

1. Auckland - Brisbane, Oct 2001




I only flew BA twice. Their in flight service has nothing to shout about, but I really like their cabin crews. Though they may not be young and spunky like Malaysia or Singapore, but they really have great sense of humour. They treat you like friends not guest.
Read what others say about British Airways here
Flights

1. Brisbane - Singapore - Brisbane, Dec 99




This is the giant of low cost airlines. They have extensive routes throughout Europe. They won the best Low Cost Airline Of The Year award this year. But honestly I think Air Asia provides far better service.
Read what others say about Easy Jet here
Flights
1. Luton - Barcelona, Aug 2007
2. Madrid - Luton, Aug 2007


If Im a judge for best cabin staff, Garuda deserve to be acknowledged. I found their crews both cabin and ground staff are very attentive, genuine and warm. The meal on board Garuda are the best. Really authentic Indonesian.
Read what others say about Garuda here
Flights
1. Brisbane - Auckland, Sep 2001
-Upon check in for the return flight. I was informed that It was delayed for 8 hours. I really have to go back to Brisbane or Im going to miss my exam. The guy at the check in counter was an angel. He carried my bag and went from one counter to another, begging them to put me on their plane to Brisbane. It was high season. All flights were fully booked but then Air New Zealand came to a rescue.
2. Singapore - Jakarta - Bali (return), May 2004
- I was with Pyan and Sam. Sam was injured and has to be wheel chaired. We got a star treatment for travelling with an OKU.


I have no comments about this airline. Everything went well. Maybe the cabin crew can be more courteous.
Read what others say about China Airlines here
Flights
Kuala Lumpur - Hong Kong (return), Jul 2002
I have so far flew with 2 out of 6 of the world's Five Star Airlines (Malaysia and Singapore Airlines). The rest of Five Star airliners are Qatar Airways, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Kingfisher Airlines.
Its plain to see that my favourite airlines so far is:
Malaysia Airlines
What's yours??

Note:
Skytrax provides reviews and rank airlines and airports worlwide.

Comments

ZEBY said…
Ryan air all the time! :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar