2012 was awesome, Bring on 2013

Thank you ALLAH for yet another great year. 2012 has been awesome. I have been blessed with many happiness especially with the birth of our third child, Elias Arjuna. However, I cannot say that I have achieved of my 2012 targets. So I will take the same resolution into 2013 and carry on from there.


With the 2012 drawing to an end let see how my 'Performance' against my 2012 resolutions:
1. A better Muslim InshaALLAH > I tried to be and Alhamdullilah ALLAH has made it easier for me to get closer to HIM. I am nowhere near 'good' yet but this is one aspect of my life that I hope to improve continuously InshaALLAH. I also hope to perform the Haj in 2013 Amin.

2. Cleared bad debts and enjoy financial freedom > Not 100% but cleared a big chunk of it.

3. Achieved pre-wedding weight and maintains a healthy lifestyle > Accomplished, current weight is 54kg and I have since taken up running seriously and completed my first marathon. I'm hoping to complete 3 full marathons in 2013, Dubai, Paris and New York.

4. Learn Arabic > Failed. Enrolled at Fanar Centre. Was top in my class in Level 1, but lost interest at Level 2, when the teacher conducted the class 100% in Arabic without any English translation. I guess I just have to learn it outside the classroom.

5. Travel: New York, Lisbon > Did not get to New York and Lisbon, but took my family to Australia, UAE, Malaysia and Singapore. I also went to Milan and Turin for my marathon race. In 2013 my travel plan will be London, Paris, Amsterdam, and New York. Will see about Lisbon though.

6. A better son to my mother, husband to my wife, father to my kids > Alhamdullilah I could never ask for a better wife, or better children. They are perfect for me, and I am trying to be as good husband and father for them. However I still think that I should do more for my mother.   

7. Achieved outstanding rating of 3 in the Year End Assessment > Failed. Only achieved rating 2, but my boss said he can see my performance improved in the second part of the year. I will be more proactive and close all the gaps identified in my 2012 assessment.


2013 will be the best year yet.. INSYAALLAH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar