Confessions of a Shopaholic



Last Tuesday, back from work, I went to City Centre Mall to replenish my cigarette stock. Since I was already at the mall I thought I should have dinner and check on the movies. So I went to the Grand Cinecentre. My initial plan was to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but I was 20 minutes late. The next movie showing in 15 minutes was the Shopaholic. Well, I do not mind some light and easy chick flicks. They are just what you need after a stressful day at work. I bought the ticket and had just enough time for dinner at Mc D. Perfect timing.

The movie was based on a book by Sophie Kinsella. Well, she is one of my favourite authors by the way and I have not read this one yet. Her books had always put a smile on my face. She is always have interesting characters in her books, most of the time uncanny. 

You may read the synopsis here.  

Apart from the very predictable story line, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie. Off course this was not an Oscar material and I will not put it in the same league as The Devil Wears Prada, but I appreciate the values or the moral of the stories. Like in The Undomestic Goddess (another book by Kinsella), you may ended up (after a series of unfortunate events) somewhere and do something very unlikely or does not defines who you are. But you will learn to enjoy it and appreciate it when you put your heart into it. Good things will happen in the end if you determined to make it work. Very much like The Law of Attraction. 

I guess I can relate to this movie because I would consider myself as a shopaholic sometime or maybe most of the time and I never really like what I am doing but I can be good at it. I just have to learn to love it and put my creativity and artistic mind into it. 

This movie does not appeal the hearts many critics though. But then again... everybody entitles to their opinion. You may read the reviews here  and here. All that I know, I just need a little MORE credit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. All the best for all your blogging efforts.

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar