Langkawi '11 Episode 3: I love cable car by Zachary Andika

I love cable car. Maybe because Mama rode on one at Genting Highland when she was carrying me in her belly. Then when I was 6 months old Papa and Mama took me on a spectacular cable car ride by the famous Caldera in Santorini, Greece. But nothing compares to the experience I had recently in Langkawi with Panorama Langkawi Skycab.  I must tell you that the cable car ride is not for the faint hearted or if you are an achrophobic like my nanny, Mariam. The ride will take you from the ground zero to the top of the mountain some 700 meters up. If offers great panoramic view of the island, the mountain cliff and the forest below. You can also see the Seven Wells waterfall from up here. What so scarry about this cable car ride is because it is so steep  and almost vertical especially in the section between the Middle and the Top stations. You will feel it more on the way down. It was like the gondola fell off from the cable. But if was kind of fun for me.

Me and my Mama in the cable car

At the Top Station, we took a short walk in a jungle trail to the Sky Bridge (Actually papa was huffing and panting climbing up and down the steps carrying me). The bridge is suspended from an 82m high single pylon and hangs at about 100m above ground. Again strictly not for achrophobic. Apart from the chest high barricade (adult's ones not mine offcourse), the bridge is totally open and if you want you can jump off the bridge and test if Redbull really give you wings like in their advertisement here. I overheard a conversation from a group of European tourists that there must be hundreds of bodies lie on the ground under the thick canopy and the forest rangers are carrying out an annual operation to clear the bodies. I thought it was funny. The bridge swings a little because of the wind, and also because it is only supported by a single pylon. So you are at your own risks. I was not scared at all. I was just happy running and stepping my feet on the planks. Mama who was trying very hard to conceal her fear of height, finally lost it at the bridge. She was literally crawlling on the bridge like a baby. Me and Papa cannot stop laughing at her. Mariam made a wise decision not to join and waited for us at the station with my sister, Cinta. She must have seen the bridge from the cable car on the way up. Me on the other hand felt like walking in a clowd and would love to spend more time up here. Measuring at 125m in length, the structure ranks among the longest curve suspension bridge in the world. What a feat of engineering it was. Now it just gave me an idea that I should be a structural engineer when I grow up. So I can build even more daring structures than this. Hmm but I also want to be a pilot, a professional football player or a musician. Now I am really confused.

A sweeping view of the mountain from the lookout platform at the Top Station
Me and Papa on the Skybridge
The Skybridge being supported by a single pylon
Wonder if there are bodies lying on the ground
Love the swinging bridge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kamus Loghat Muar / Tangkak

Triclub Doha Aquathlon 8

Hujan Emas di Qatar